WordPress Customizer tool made it quite easy to change Site Title or Tagline in WordPress, but before going to change them, you should know answers of some questions.
What you need to know?
- Effect on Visitors: How does a good or bad Site Title / Tagline affects visitors?
- Getting more attention means turning more traffic: Can Site Title or Tag Line attract people attention in a search result?
- Site Title and Search Engine Optimization: How does a poor Tag Line or Site Title affects SEO?
What is Site Title and Tagline?
- A Site Title is nothing but the name of your web site or blog, always appears at the top of the every page.
- While Tagline is a small or a few words sentence, sometimes is a slogan which gives a brief description about the site and focus on the purpose of existence.
Importance of Site Title and Tagline
- A well-built Site Title and Tagline always corresponds to a new visitor and also introduces the real essence of the site.
- A clear, brief and concisely built Site Title and Tagline also attract people in search result pages.
- Search engine optimization for a page also depends on correct and well defined Site title and Tagline.
Site Title and Tagline: A Visual
5 Steps to Change Site Title and Tagline.
Step 1: Login to WordPress Installation Site.
Login as an administrator to your WordPress Installation Site. Remember no other roll like Editor or contributor can perform this activity.
Step 2: Click on Customize under Appearance menu.
Step 3: Click on Default Settings.
Step 4: Click on Site Identity.
Note: For some themes (like the default WordPress themes), Site Identity option may be present on the Root level of Customizer.
Step 5: Editing Site Title and Tagline Settings.
Step 6: Publishing and verification of new settings.
Finally click on publish button and check these newly added Site Title and Tagline Settings in Web browser.
These setting can also be seen in view page source of any web browser under <title> tag.