It’s 2021 and half of the world is currently online. Businesses, Manufactures, and even designers are now budding an online presence because it’s easy to maintain and market. Today we are learning a little bit about hosting and how one can find the hosting company for any preexisted web portal/website.
Each and every website is based on a web service provider as they provide a space for any website. This space is then used for hosting.
A hosting company is then used for hosting any website. WordPress also uses a hosting service provider for different web-based portals and we are going to help you find the hosting company.
Let’s know why you should need a website?
Having a website can help you in certain ways
- Establishing an online presence: Since the world has been taken over by the internet, it’s now time for you to market your business and yourself.
- Marking up your legitimacy: A website will help your consumer to search and know about your business, making it a perfect way to make your business legitimate.
- Giving the first impression: A website not only makes a legitimate case for yourself but also acts as a beneficial initial impression.
What is website hosting and how does it matter?
Every website is based on a platform and you need a hosting service to let your website have an address. An address is what helps your website with its unique identity.
Website hosting services let you host your organization to a worldwide web. The worldwide web is a space where you will be hosting your website and where people can visit your website. World wide web provides a server that helps you to connect your data center towards a receiver and in this case your user is your receiver.
There are various web hosting providers and some of the most famous ones are
- Bluehost web hosting
These web service hosting services are one of the best internet hosting service providers. They are easy to use and can provide you with the best features when it comes to other services too. We will tell you some easy ways to find the hosting company.
There are different types of hostings available in the market which include-
- Shared Hosting = Shared hosting is one of the most used hosting services in the world and that is because of its cost-effective features and the functionality it provides you. If you are an entry-level website designer or user then this one is for you because of its basic and easy-to-use features. Shared hosting this cost-effective because you share a space with other websites as well and that is how shared hosting works because you share resources with other websites and each website owes a limited amount of resources.
- VPS hosting = VPS hosting also stands for the virtual private server is a type of hosting that works with shared plans. It has common owners but this type of hosting is just about Shared hosting. This type of hosting server with other websites but will have a lesser number of owners so you will gain much more resources when compared to shared hosting.
- WordPress hosting = WordPress hosting is one of the most efficient hosting services because you will let your content be managed by WordPress and it is efficient and user-friendly. There are two types of WordPress hosting which include shared and managed WordPress hosting. WordPress also provides you with plugins and let’s you boost your creativity and other operational tasks.
Shared WordPress hosting is just like shared hosting in which you will have a channel. Managed WordPress hosting provides you much more hands than mint when it comes to security and server issues. If you are looking for better performance then managed WordPress hosting is the correct one for you.
Ways to Find the hosting company of a website
Use WordPress theme detector tool
If you used a WordPress developer and you want to find the hosting company then you might wanna try this plugin as it will help you out with finding your hosting provider.
Firstly, you’ll need to download the plugin and then install it. After doing so you will have to go and type in the URL or domain name of your site. After that, you’ll have to click on the ‘Analyze Website’ button. It will then send you an info tab with the information about your hosting provider. This is one of the easier ways to find the hosting company for any website.
Use ICANN Lookup PROGRAM
ICANN lookup is a self-sufficient program, which will help you out find the hosting company provider for any website. ICANN lookup is well designed and user-friendly, which makes it a child’s game to find out about the data. ICANN is easy to use if you want to find the hosting company.
Easy steps to work with ICANN LookUp
- Step 1: Go to your browser and search for lookup.icann.org.
- Step 2: In the search field, you will have to put the domain name or the website. Click on search/find a domain name.
- Step 3: On the resulting page, you’ll have to go down and search for the registry. The registrar is your service provider.
WHOIS tool is an interactive way to find the hosting company. It is based on a system that acts as a public directory and lets you know about the hosting provider.
It is free and you can use it easily by just going to its tab. You can also find out other information about the hosting providers and the website itself.
Specific for WordPress
If you use WordPress and want to find the hosting company, then this is the way for you as it is the easiest one till yet.
For this method, you’ll have to go to your WordPress website and then slide down to the last page where they have all the copyright info. You’ll see a tab called WordPress hosting and in that you’ll see the domain name and the hosting provider.
Here are some ways by which you can easily find the hosting company. If you find this article helpful, let us know in the comments. These ways are easy to work with and you can easily find the hosting company for any website.
You should also check out our youtube channel for infographic updates and tricks.
Hey, you can also check: https://wphow.co/kb/adding-whatsapp-button-in-wordpress-5-min-simplified/
You can also check out our youtube channel for better info graphical updates – https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgT5szAczkKO-IHhuHAdvUw