WordPress is an online web portal that allows a user to create blogs or even a full-fledged web portal depending upon the need. WordPress is easy to use, and there are methods to get more out of it. Today we are teaching you how to add security questions to the WordPress login screen.
WordPress is an open-source content management system by which you can create blogs and share any useful data you want to share with the world. WordPress is easy to use, and you can also choose from various templates.
There are plug-ins and free file-based systems which you can use to create your blog or even website.
WordPress is famous and also one of the best open source content management systems out there. WordPress was released way back in 2003 and has been 18 years, and it’s still one of the best open source content management systems, so if you are wondering whether you should start investing your time in WordPress, then it is a big yes.
Why Do You Need A Security Question?
If you are a business owner and you run any kind of corporate-related business then you might want to add a security question on your website at the beginning for privacy reasons. A security question works as a barrier and can help you with the security reasons for a website.
A security question is not just for security but also authentication for a website and can also help a website to look much more professional.
Not only this, but you can also add security questions that can be an image choosing template question, and even multiple security questions including number finder.
Here are multiple reasons why you should add security questions in WordPress.
- For Authentication – You can add a security reason for authentication because it might help a user to understand that there are certain measures to even enter that specific web portal.
- For professionalism – A website can help a portal to look professional and even make it look cultured because every user needs a place that is authentic and professional.
How to get started with security questions?
Now for adding a WordPress security question through the plugin you’ll have to download a plugin called “WP Security Questions”.
WP security question plugin is an easy way to add up the security question. This plugin is attractive when it comes to the features that this provides. It is also one of the most interactive plugins made for security questions.
Now when you get inside the plugin, you’ll see that there are other options mentioned which state various security questions. These security options are helpful as you don’t have to search for security-based research and you can easily select questions from these.
Now while setting up the screen, you’ll have to set the place where this question will be shown and where your web portal will have a security question.
Some screens where the security question can be visible.
- Login Screen – You can easily set up the security question over the login screen as you will have to maintain proper login info as you have to restrict the false attempts over the login.
- Register Screen – Register screen should be security specific as you will have to be secure while entering the web portals and even if you are a website owner you will have to set up these specific security-based questions.
- Forget password screen – Forgot password screen is a data-specific screen and you should always have to be generic and be aware because this is the page that can allow certain users to get authentication over anyone else’s page.
*MAKE SURE THAT YOU SAVE ALL THE CHANGES BECAUSE IF IT’S NOT DONE THEN YOU MIGHT LOSE ALL THE INFORMATION REGARDING YOUR SECURITY QUESTIONS. *
Now after setting up all the questions, your user will get a security question over certain entries. Just make sure that you enter all the details nicely and with proper attention. You should also make sure that you save all these steps.
When you register through WP Security Questions Plugin you’ll see various questions and then you have to select the ones that you desire. These questions can be edited and you can also add up new questions easily.
The Add More button is then used for adding up new questions and it can also help a user to enter user-specific questions.
If a user does not wish to enter any kind of security question then they can enter NIL in the category
Now this is one of the easiest ways to enter security questions and even to make your web portal authentic and professional.
Now adding a security question will add up an extra step to your wordpress process, but this can make your website look much more trusted and secure.
Adding a wordpress security question can be done through various steps but using these steps are easy and can also help a user with easy setup for security questions. WP security plugin is free and also provides various features that come in handy.
Not only that, but you can also check out our YouTube channel for How to set up Google Analytics on WordPress.