Do you feel troubled by spam and unwanted comments on your WordPress? Are so many comments pending for your approval and do you want to bulk delete all comments? This article will save you valuable time and demonstrate many simple methods by which you can bulk delete comments in WordPress, disable comments, and shield your post from spam comments.
Comments are a great way to keep your website engaging with the audience. But sometimes, spam comments and unwanted comments also hamper the quality of your posts. Therefore, it’s advised to delete all spam and unwanted comments from WordPress to avoid damaging your user experience and your site’s
How to Delete Existing Comments In WordPress?
There are so many ways by which you can delete all pending comments. In this article, we’ll demonstrate methods by which you can disable recent comments, bulk deletes all pending comments, and prevent spam comments.
Disabling Comments for Recent Posts
1. WordPress has a way to disallow comments for your recent posts. For that, open WordPress Dashboard clicks on the Settings, and select the Discussion option.
2. Uncheck the option of Allow people to submit comments on new posts which is under default post settings.
After Unchecking, scroll all the way down the page and click Save Changes, it’ll turn off the comment section for any recent blog and articles published on the site. Remember, it won’t delete any comment from previous posts or articles.
There’s also another way by which you can turn off comments for posts and pages of your site.
1. Go to the Pages section of your WordPress Dashboard and click on the Edit option as shown in the Image.
2. Go to the Document Section and click on Discussion Tab, uncheck Allow comments to turn off the comments section from the page
Deleting Bulk Comments Using WordPress Dashboard
Now we’ll learn how to bulk delete comments from your posts and pages using WordPress Dashboard.
1. Go to Your WordPress Dashboard and click on the Comment section of Dashboard. You can either select comments which you want to Delete or click on the Author section to bulk delete all comments. After checking the Author section, click on Bulk Actions and select the Move to trash option. Press Apply to move all the comments in your Trash section of the Dashboard.
2. If You want to permanently Delete all the comments from your trash bin. Go to the Trash Section of Comments and check/click on the Author tab and go to Bulk Actions, then select Delete Permanently option as shown in the image below. Select Apply option to Permanently delete all the comments from your Site.
How To Deal With Spam Comments.
Comments are a great way for webmasters to build community and readership. Unfortunately, they’re often abused by spammers who comment on unnecessary stuff on posts that may hamper the site’s SEO. It’s important to find ways to protect your website from this kind of malicious spam comment. To Shield, your site from Spam comments, the following are the plugins that will protect your site from spam comments and malicious advertisements.
1. Akismet Spam Protection
Akismet checks your comments and contact form submissions against their global database of spam to prevent your site from publishing malicious content. You can review the comment spam it catches on your blog’s “Comments” admin screen.
2. Anti-Spam Bee
These are the two plugins that will be of great use to protect your site from spam comments.
Here are some Plugins, which will bulk delete all the comments from the WordPress site and will manage it with good efficiency and it’ll help to save your valuable time.
1. Disable Comments
Disable Comments allows administrators to globally disable comments on any post type (posts, pages, attachments, etc.) so that these settings cannot be overridden for individual posts. It also removes all comment-related fields from edit and quick-edit screens.
2. WP Bulk Delete
WP Bulk Delete is a WordPress Plugin that allows you to delete posts, pages, comments, attachments, users, taxonomy terms, and meta fields in bulk based on different powerful filters and conditions. WP bulk delete helps in finding and mass deleting unnecessary data clean up.
These are the 2 plugins that will bulk delete all the comments from your websites.
In this article, we learned different methods to disable comments from posts, bulk deletes all comments, and how to shield your website from spam comments.